As a mom-to-be this will be my first mother’s day to experience as a mommy. Although baby boy won’t make his arrival until late July or early August, I am still here for all the Mother’s Day hype this year. It’s so unreal to think about myself being a MOM, I am over the moon excited, slightly terrified, but mostly filled with so much joy!
Mother’s Day gifts are always super hard for me, I have no idea why. My mother and I are super close and so much alike it’s crazy but figuring out a gift always trumps me. This year I’ve got it all planned out though, maybe its the mother instinct in me now. Haha
I thought it would be super insightful for the soon to be fathers out there to have a simple guide for the mom to be in their life. I am sure my husband is going to appreciate this post more than anyone **wink wink**. Heck send this to your best-friend. I’m pretty sure all my friends had kids before me and I would have had no idea how to celebrate them with during this time before now. So let’s dive in…
- Hospital Robe or Gown: I’ve heard that this is a MUST HAVE at the hospital when giving birth and after. Our bodies go threw so much and I know for me I am going to want nothing more than to be totally comfortable afterwards. The plus side is that they have some really cute options and you can match baby’s outfit too. If you plan on breast-feeding make sure it’s nursing friendly, such as a button up gown.
2. Slippers: Again another thing for the hospital, but who doesn’t love comfy slippers? These ones are raved about and I can see why, they are adorable and have a sole for support. Simple to slide on and walk around while at the hospital and at home.
3. Water Bottle: Keeping track of my water intake throughout the day is KEY. I have found that I stay on track when I have a designated bottle for my water and can refill it. Having a tracker on the side is a total bonus. Growing a human take a lot from us momma’s it’s important that we keep up with that H20. The cuter it is, the more we’ll drink, right? Lol.
4. Facial Mask: My skin has been totally crazy during this pregnancy and having a good skin care routine is always important but I feel like my skin is BEGGING for some self care. Plus momma needs to pamper herself from time to time. These the facial mask from Tula & Honest have more natural ingredients than most facial mask. (I am no dermatologist, I would definitely recommend testing an area on your skin before going all out, pregnancy changes everything about our bodies. Always better to be safe than sorry.)
5. GIMME Beauty Hair-Ties: Simple, but oh so good. The perfect hair-ties for those mom buns that us preggos are about to rock a whole lot more. The best part is that they don’t leave a crease in your hair. #winning
6. Weekend/Overnight Bag: To hold all of our hospital essentials for birth. I already feel like I am going to overpack but I am hoping to stay on some what of a strict packing list since I know I won’t want to unpack it once we make our way home.
7. Mama Tees: Every mom needs a mama tee in their life & there are SOO many cute ones. I love graphic tees because they work with the bump and without.
8. Prenatal Massage: I haven’t personally had one of these but I heard they are a MUST & I love massages. I had a lot of hip pain early on during my pregnancy and I am sure this would have been a total game changer but…COVID-19 happened and we’ve been unable to leave the house.
9. Mama Necklace: YESSS! I am obsessed with this necklace. It goes with everything and of course it says Mama so SCORE! This would make a super cute Mother’s Day gift for any mom.
Hope you enjoyed all of these “mom to be” Mother’s Day suggestions. If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.
Happy Mothers Day!
xoxo, Taylor G.